Thursday, June 12, 2008

Love is in the air

Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage
Ambrose Bierce

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.
Amy Bloom

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
Annais Inn

I love thee, I love but thee
With a love that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold,
And the stars grow old...
Bayard Taylor

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
Dennis Wetley

Have you ever been at sea in a dense fog, when it seemed as if a tangible white darkness shut you in and the great ship, tense and anxious, groped her way toward the shore with plummet and sounding-line, and you waited with beating heart for something to happen? I was like that ship before my education began, only I was without compass or sounding line, and no way of knowing how near the harbor was. "Light! Give me light!" was the wordless cry of my soul, and the light of love shone on me in that very hour.
Helen Keller

[W]e all need friends with whom we can speak of our deepest concerns, and who do not fear to speak the truth in love to us.
Margaret Guenther

My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.

"Romeo and Juliet"
William Shakespeare

No comments: