Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A: How long is your course?

Black Pea: 6 years...2 years foundation 4 years in Uni

A: How come take so long? How many years to go?

Black Pea: How many years? No more "how many years", this is my final year...still have one more sem to go...

A: Oh...

Black Pea: Just want to clarify one important point...I passed all my papers since my first year ok!

A: (Smiles) If I were you, I would rather choose a more professional job...

Black Pea: (My eyes are BIG when I heard - MORE PROFESSIONAL JOB - and my emotions were quite disturbed also) What do you mean MORE PROFESSIONAL JOB?

A: Like being a doctor, lawyer...

Black Pea: Do you mean teaching is not a profession?and not as PROFESSIONAL as doctors and lawyers? (Note: was trying to get more explicit opinion and not trying to sound offensive)

A: (Looks ashamed) I don't know...hehe

B: (Overlaps) What is professional job? Teaching is not professional enough meh?

A: Hehe. I don't know...

Black Pea: ( Smile )


What do you think?

2 comments:

lonely soldier said...

Which type of job is categorized as "PRO" ?
Yeah i think u should ask him that question,where is the doctors,lawyer come from?
And if teacher is really that not PRO,then why the whole world celebrating the teacher's day every year but why not Lawyer's Day,,Engineer's Day..
:)
So think about that..

Kiki said...

I would think teacher is the most professional job of all. Or else there wont be more engineers, lawyers, and etc etc... Jasmine, our sons and daughter depends on you in the future... :)
don give up ur profession.